Monday, January 16, 2006

An Idea can get u xtra 3K a month!

I'm a guy whose got new ideas. I keep getting them and they keep coming in. Here is another one.

I've invested in a couple of mutual funds which are giving average returns. The returns are around 3K in a timespan of 6 months. The principal invested in each of the mutual fund is 10K.

Now dig this.

What if I keep investing 10K every month in a new mutual fund or as an SIP in each of the already invested mutual funds? I only need to take care that I dont invest in some really bad non-performing mutual funds.

There is a plethora of new MF's which keep listing all the time. I just need to pick up the more well known fund houses and keep investing in them.

Lets do a bit of maths:

10K * 12 (investing each month of the year) = 1 lac 20K

This is nothing when you compare to my stock investments which were 2 lacs once.

Even if each fund gives me 4K a month, it will be an extra income. :-)

See, I told you I get bright ideas for earning more money.

Alright then, I'm off to study some good performing mutual funds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harshal,

You talking about Indian or US market mutual funds here?

- Maini

Anonymous said...

Mutual Funds are a mug's game! Only the managers of these funds make money!