Friday, May 26, 2006

Beware of the Telugu guys

Its surprising that Telugu people have practically no noise back home in India.

I mean living in Pune and Mumbai which are pretty cosmopolitan places you meet a lot of South Indian guys and learn about thier culture.

Surprisingly the guys you meet generally happen to be from Karnataka, Tamil nadu or Kerala. There are very few Telugu guys setteled there, I guess. You don't get to meet them very often nor hear any big news coming out of Andhra regularly.

However, come to U.S. and all you hear about is Telugu guys. They are here. They are there. They are Everywhere. I can take you to apartment complexes where you'll feel you've arrived to Hyderabad! Man, they have a mini-Andhra established in this country.

Houston, the place where I am living currently, has so many Telugu guys settled that its hard to believe that therez anybody left in Andhra anymore!

Now, the major business these guys run is body shopping consultancy firms where they sponsor H1B visas for aspiring guys in India and get them onboard to U.S. Believe me, if you ask some of the professionals that have worked with them, you'll know what hatred is. The spite they have for these people is just amazing!

Practically everybody I meet till now gives me the first advise that, come what may, don't work with a consultancy which is run by Telugu guys. It's a hell out there.

Why?

Desigiri.

Working with a Telugu consultant means a lot of hassle and haggling :

(1) You are pretty much sure that they'll fleece you with the salary they promise and the salary you actually get when your paycheck arrives.

(2) My roomie, Ranjith works with one such consultancy and says that his firm holds his 15 days worth of salary to ensure that he dosen't abruptly leave the consultancy and run away. They're just sure that every candidate who works with them is sure looking for jobs at other places and hence will run away soon.

(3) You never know whether you'll get a salary on time. You'll definitely get it. But not timely. Sometimes 15 days late and otherwise 2 months late.

(4) Some promise you that they'll immediately process your green card but later (once you've already joined) they'll tell you that you'll have to pay the green card processing fees from your pocket! You were never told that when you were about to join!


This is just some of the facts I've heard. Imagine what this blog post would read like if I'd been working for one of such firms. Just talking with people makes me doubt these guys. Imagine, what'll I write if I work for such a firm!

Moral of the story?

BEWARE of the Telugu firm in America! He might just fleece you off your money and peace of mind!!

Hey, but not everybody is bad?

Therez gotta be someone firms who're good. I mean c'mon this world has more good people than bad. Right?

So, I can't really go for what I hear from other people. That's just gossip.

Wait till I find out the reality about these allegations for real and I'll change my view.

If there are any Telugu guys reading this, please don't get offended. I mean c'mon this is just a sorry ass blogpost by a sorry ass guy who lives in Houston. Who the hell is he to comment on Telugu firms !! Huh???

2 comments:

Bharadwaj Dayala said...

Hi
thanks for your best wishes..

do tell more people about bhardwaj's adventures and please do click on the google ads on our blog to help generate funds for this unsponsored trip...

thanks!

spandana said...

I am a telugu guy and know different firms run by telugus. Some are good and some are bad as it happens to be with any other guys.

--Prasad
http://charasala.com/blog/