Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Low Calorie Drinking

I recently switched to low calorie drinking. Sheer pressure from my conscience to reduce weight. I'm 78. I need to get to 70 at least.

Beer was my favorite. I fell in love with it when I discovered Corona. And after that there was no looking back. Recently, when I discovered that American regular beers had on an avg 200 cals per pint, I started thinking as to what would Indian beers have. I'm sure it will be more. We Indians don't care about calories when we drink. Hell, I'll be called stupid if I make that statement among my buddies.

So I've switched to Whiskey, Soda and Water. Yes, Totally Desi style. I contemplated keeping the Coca Cola mix, but then Coke is itself 400 cals per 350 ml, so dropped it.

My friends Rohit and Pramathesh had been advising this from months to me. But somehow I just liked beer, then and never paid heed to their advise. Rohit used to think I'm mad not to drink Whiskey or 'daru' in general. Beer, it seems, never fell into Daru category.

So, folks there I am. Your buddie again. I'll drink Whiskey with you now. No more beers. They make me fat.