Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cold water baths

Today sadly I announce that I have succumbed to the prevailing conditions at my place. Let me explain.

Our house has a perpetual water problem. We get water only 2 hours in a day in the mornings. Later part of the day is essentially dry.

Taking a bath in winter generally demands for warm water. We have 2 geysers installed. Sadly due to the lack of water none is used :( . We now use gas for heating up the water and then have a bath.

We do have a reserve water tank. However, for the water to flow with some force the water tank needs to be at least 15 feet above the roof of the house. 15 feet and above ensures good flow. Our tank is just around 5-6 feet overhead which renders it useless for passing it to the geyser and expecting hot water out of it. We live in a flat. Taking the tank up 15 feet is just not possible.

To add to the woes I am a staunch environment conservationist and do not like heating up the water on gas which is very energy inefficient. I finally found out a way to end up these worries by switching to taking a cold water bath. No energy requirements and no need for waking up early in the morning to take a bath. Cold water bath is the way to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you need to buy a pressure tank.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08302950000P?keyword=pressure+tank

csingh said...

My husband is an east indian from Suriname. I am a black woman of Jamaican decent. We have two beautiful kids that we are teaching hinduisim and christianity. We celebrate hindu festivities. Recently, we celebrated Navratri and we are excited about Diwali! We all love indian music, bollywood, bhajans, punjabi bhangra. We listen to indian music 75% of the time. We have great moral values. We believe in marriage and family. We believe in respecting our elders, and we teach our kids to love themselves as they are part of two beautiful cultures. We promote education as my husband is a wonderful example as an engineer. We are all citizens of this universe and that's all that matters. God can't be part of division, he created us all in infinite love. God is in everything and in everyone! Love each other! Our time on earth is too short to argue about where we are from and who has the correct culture! I have visited India and I loved it!! I stayed there for 2 weeks! My husband will be going with me this year as he loves learning about his motherland. There are a lot of similarities to Suriname! These petty arguments only cause stress and stress makes the body sick. This is how disease starts! I believe that the person that created this blog did not have the intention of starting a fight. Let's respect his views and love each other! om shanti!