Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Finally, out of rat hole of Cognizant

Its had been on my mind for around 2 years. I tried my best to get out of it in London. But out there, to get a job on work permit was just too difficult. I had only one choice. Get to US and get rid of CTS. And thats what I did.

I came to Houston in Feb. Wasted a month since my passport was confiscated and Visa extension was waited. After that next 4 months I was only sticking to CTS to get valid paychecks which are needed for H1B transfers. I got them and resigned.

The market out here in US so HOT that as soon as I placed my resume on Monster, I started getting more than at least 5 calls a day. I caught a consultant and he started marketing my resume. I interviewed pretty heavily. I cleared practically all the interviews I gave except one. I got selected in UBS for NY and switched.

The sorry feeling of a underpaid and an overworked individual trapped in a jail is gone for good.

Another lesson in life, Having definitive focus helps move things quickly.

I know people from CTS here in US who have stuck to the company from last 2 and more years being on an H1. I switched almost immediately after arriving in US.

Another lesson learnt for me in life, Do things when time is ripe otherwise one rots.

I am in NYC now. Life is better.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good..All the best...I switched my f*%^#&# underpaid job at CTS too..quite a while back :).

Anonymous said...

CTS, It is the worse organization. There is quota system in our country, well I don't feel bad about it, atleast there is some justification to it.

But in CTS i have seen quota system, based on upper caste, manager licker, geographic discrimination whether u r bengali ,maharistrain etc.How close you are to manager ass , and accepts all that he says.

Ppl based on their caste, and their manager internal relation have even earned them stocks and high perks.

To be CTS , u have to sink with the center caste, or have to maintain close relation with manager (If you satisfy first criteria) the relation may be either internal or external.Or LAST BUT NOT LEAST you have to be female with good looks and smart behaviour , so you get good customer.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[... ] is one another must read source of information on this topic[...]
http://carinsurance.cheap-quotes.info/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anil kumar bommaredy said...

Good to see your post. I put down my papers at CTS. Tomorrow is my last day at CTS. What shit waste of time for last 2.5 years. Crazy ruined my career, my wife's one and our life too. I m gng to write seperate blog/book based on my experience at CTS.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.